• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

heres the problem. while the truck is coasting there is a horrible vibration and loud hum coming from the rear end. the weird thing is any throttle at all makes it stop even the wait of my foot on the throttle. i have gotten out a few times and put my hand on the differential and its pretty hot. any ideas?

Actually, check the center carrier bearing also, i had mine fail and it did the same things you described. I even did a write up on how to replace it. Still good to check out the rear diff as well. http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/28-transmission-systems/244-driveshaft-center-carrier-bearing

Thanks for all the replies guys. Was wanting to get into this weekend but I work about an hour from home and leaving work it's started popping and clicking real bad. Knew I couldn't make it home so I had to leave it at shop. Guy said it's more than likely pinion bearing