• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Download limit issues...

• Owner

Ok gang... I need your help again. We all know the download area contains many documents and service manuals for you to download. Here is my problem I'm getting new members signing up and looking to download the books instantly. I'm had a problem in the past where people where doing this and consumed large amounts of bandwidth which you guys that donated end up paying for. So I put a 14 day and 20 post limit on the downloads to get the newbies to at least contribute something to the site. Because previously the new members would come from other forums register and download the files. Then there gone never to contribute anything to the site. This action is called "leeching" as quoted from Wikipedia...

In computing and specifically Internet, a leech or leeching is one who benefits, usually deliberately, from others' information or effort but does not offer anything in return, or makes only token offerings in an attempt to avoid being called a leech. In economics this type of behavior is called "free riding" and is associated with the free rider problem.

You must remember this is a collective effort of all the members donating the documents to the site. Now back to the newbie they're are looking for instant access to the documents so what do we do now? :shrug:

I agee also. I think no matter what you do there are a certain amount of people that are takers and not givers and there is not much you can do about it. But in the end that is there loss for missing out on all the rest that you can learn here.

• Like 1