• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have an 01 dually,that I bought from my mother after my dad passed away last year from brain cancer. The truck had sat for about 8 months,and after I had driven it for about 4 months,the lift pump failed on the way home from work,and the truck died and I had to tow it home. I replaced the lift pump,but I still couldnt get it to crank and run, it was getting fuel to all but the #1 cylinder. I checked for trouble code but it didnt display any,because the engine light wasnt on. I bought a lift pump and replaced it. I still cant get it to crank,but I did get some codes this time,they are P-1693,P-1689 @P-0122. Is there something I did wrong or something else wrong with the truck,By the way the truck only has 53,000 miles on it,I'm stumped.

• Owner

Ok... P1689 check the fuel pump relay in the PDC, Check the fuses in the PDC as well... If that is all good the the VP44 injection pump has failed... P0122 is APPS sensor code (Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor) that has failed go give Timbo a clal for a replacement... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/apps/apps-replacement.html