• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

6.7 Harmonic Damper on a 5.9

AH64ID

• Staff

Part of my rebuild is a fully balanced rotating assembly, and unfortunately the 6.7 dampers are not perfectly balanced. Of the 2 we tries 1 was 16 grams out of balance and the other 30, mine was the 16. There is also no way to balance them. It it sucks to pull because it has worked so well, but a fluidamper is going on. I can't justify a balanced crank, etc, and then not the damper. So while it sucks I will be able to review them both, thou not apples to apples with a balanced motor and new injectors.

The Fluid Damper I had on my 02 did awesome things on that engine, It smoothed out the lope considerably from having an HRVP44 combined with 155 hp BD injectors and Hot comp combined with a Smarty for a short time but the smarty wasn't compatible with the HRvp44 for a daily driver, One couldn't hardly drive it, throttle response was so super sensitive and jumpy even on smarty lowest settings.

• 2 weeks later...