• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel Pressure Gauge

3 Questions: 1. I looked at the Pricol Optix 2" Fuel Pressure Gauge (Elec) 0.30 PSI (BLK) on Geno's Website. Is this what I need to safely monitor my fuel pressure? 2. Is there a less expensive gauge that would serve the purpose? 3. I have a test gauge that came with the installation of my Banks P/P. Where do I find the fitting to connect it to check my pressure? ThanksOld Fart Non-MotorHead

3 Questions: 1. I looked at the Pricol Optix 2" Fuel Pressure Gauge (Elec) 0.30 PSI (BLK) on Geno's Website. Is this what I need to safely monitor my fuel pressure? 2. Is there a less expensive gauge that would serve the purpose? 3. I have a test gauge that came with the installation of my Banks P/P. Where do I find the fitting to connect it to check my pressure? Thanks Old Fart Non-MotorHead

If you have a mechanical test gauge that you want to hook up to check your pressure you can use the test port on the side of your VP-44 fuel injection pump. If you don't have anything attatched to it right now it will have a schrader valve on it & it will have a plastic cap over it. VP-44 is on the drivers side of engine up in front of the fuel filter housing.....

• Owner

3 Questions: 1. I looked at the Pricol Optix 2" Fuel Pressure Gauge (Elec) 0.30 PSI (BLK) on Geno's Website. Is this what I need to safely monitor my fuel pressure?

Yes...

2. Is there a less expensive gauge that would serve the purpose?

Mechanical is much cheaper than electric...

3. I have a test gauge that came with the installation of my Banks P/P. Where do I find the fitting to connect it to check my pressure? Thanks

Old Fart Non-MotorHead

Right here if its a banjo bolt... Bottom of the filter housing...

Posted Image

Thanks Moparman. I found the port on the side of the engine forward of the filter housing. I got 18PSI @ idle so I'm guessing my FASS is doing its job. I will go the mechanical route for the gauge. Are they hard to install? Will get a single column mount from Geno's.Thanks Mohok