• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Who makes the best valve body for a 47re? I'd like something with 2nd gear lock-up. I noticed that there's a major price diff between BD and ATS (with BD being substantially more) so I'm wondering which to go with when the time comes. Or maybe a different brand, depending on what you all think.

BD is ok, but i would avoid ATS. i have heard of alot of issues when it cmes to ATS. i would say anything from the top 3 which is DTT/Goerend/Suncoast.But there is also Garmon, and PFI and Revmax. Personally i gave up on the shift kit and just got a built auto but that is a personal decision.But i have heard nothing but good stuff from the vendors listed above, and i personally have a DTT trans.EDIT: if you tell the vendors i know Goerend and DTT will drill you out valve bodies that have 2nd gear lock up.

• Like 1