• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil composition to change!

hex0rz

I have no sources to prove this so, but, if it concerns you so, try and look it up. I'm sure you can find some info on it.Thanks to the good ol' EPA, the composition of our oil is soon to change!I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I figure redunancy can't hurt when it comes to this. We all know diesel fuel is getting the strangle on lubricity. Well, so is our oil!Coming early 2013, the EPA is mandating that diesel crankcase oil will no longer contain the additive zinc. Gasoline vehicles already have that slashed from their oil. Diesel is soon to see it as well!From what I was told though, they are replacing the zinc with another "like" additive. Whether or not it will perform like zinc, I dunno. But, I figure to give you guys a heads up on the subject so you are in the KNOW.Whether or not that compels you to stock up on oil that still has the zinc is up to you...For those of you who do not know why zinc is important to the oil, zinc is in the oil to reduce the wear on the metal to metal contact surfaces.Some people have sworn up and down that their cams have been worn down to nothing because of the absence of zinc...

• Like 2

Why is zinc important to the government that they need it removed from oil?

Apparantly exactly the same kind of reason why we need to have urea for our exhaust. Emissions! :whistle: You know what I consider an environmental pollutant? The empty talk they give us while their a politician...
  • Like 1

• Staff

How can zinc be a hazard when it is an important part of our diet. Without it there are all kinds of health risks.They already screwed with the oil quality just a few years ago, now this. Why don't they go out and pick up roadside trash instead of screwing up peoples investments. I worked very hard to pay for my truck.EPA is going way off balance now. If they are going to cause excessive engine wear, think of the cost of frequent engine rebuilds.A study completed years ago shows that the more goods and services an economy requires, the more the volume of waste and environmental degradation in the end. So the more the Gov't. increases the cost of living the more exploitation of our resources to pay the increase. EPA is therefore a bunch of dumbasses and do not know what they are doing.To think years ago I applied for employment at EPA...:doh:

• Staff

I think we are getting manipulated more by an evil system. Think how much added tax revenue the Gov't. receives from us having to pay for new trucks and/ or new engines. All the companies involved will get increased profits and therefore pay more tax. :spend::spend::spend::spend::spend: