• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1996 Dodge Ram - Stealth Fog/Driving Lights

• Owner

I know you all know I've got four 100w bulbs on the bottom of both Dodge Ram trucks I have. Well over at RamForum I've seen a few Trucks with hidden fog/driving lights behind the grill. So I went to building the poor mans version from a piece of re-bar and flat stock. post-2-13869818653_thumb.jpgSo now here is the stealth lights...post-2-138698186534_thumb.jpgpost-2-138698186544_thumb.jpgpost-2-138698186556_thumb.jpg

I'm shocked... I honestly didn't think lamps would possibly fit behind the grill. I'll have to do some measuring.

I had the grill cut out in my 68 Roadrunner for a pair of Carrello halogen Fogs. The OEM sealed beams were replaced with off road Hella halogens as well. I was smokin some amperage will all of them lit up... considering the vintage... The reason the lights look different in the photos was the different optics in the different units. They were separate H1 (the only halogen available then & not DOT approved) and shaped reflector with ground lens. The quality of the German optics was astounding. The headlight trim is missing in the photo because it was restricting the beam patterns. I had the power to light a miles & a quarter of straight flat highway at 2AM... & the power to burn through it!

Posted Image