• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Had to miss some time here last week

Not looking for sympathy, just need to express myself. Mom lost her short battle with cancer Tuesday evening while she slept. We buried her Saturday morning next to my Paternal Grandmother. So she is with the rest of the family that has passed before her, and they are showing her the ropes, as it were. It took 6 months, and she fought it hard, but cutting edge chemo couldn't even slow it down. 6 months ago it was a very small spot on the pancreas, and the chemo was started immediately. The way the doctors explained it, this type of cancer is not really even a cancer in the conventional sense (malignant cell growth). It is like a seperate organism growing in the body. On a side note there are two different types of Hospice. For profit and not for profit. The hospice in FL was for profit and would not put in a morphine pump for the pain till next week.:banghead:We flew Momma to Ohio 4 weeks ago and the non-profit Hospice came out and put the pump in that night. She had been relatively pain free ever since. Mom and Dad had just bought a house in Ohio and were in the process of moving back, when she was diagnosed. Obama care is already in full swing in the big cities where the elderly are concerned.

Don't know if you were saying your mom had pancreatic cancer or not but I have lost 3 realative and friends to pacreatic cancer in the last year.It seems that it is very agressive and there is no cure. There is a specific treatment center down in Houston (MD Anderson) but it has to be caught early and then they have only been able to extend the life a little but not cure.This cancer seems to me to be a death sentence for sure.There was a book and CD created by a man that had this cancer (Randy Pausch I think, called the "Last Lecture"). It is a very helpful and uplifting to families and people dealing with this stuff.I have seen the CD and read the book and would recommend it to anyone impacted by this terrible disease.Sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. I wish you and your family well.