• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo Compressor Outlet temperature

• 2 weeks later...

I was towing the 5er this weekend and brought my temp gun with me. After a 2 hour drive I stopped and let the EGT cool to 300 (my thermocouple is in the '5 hole' of the exhaust manafold, the usual spot). I temped the:Exhaust manafold - 425Turbo housing intake - 180Turbo housing exhaust - 430Valve cover - 185Exhaust elbow behind turbo - 465Those are from memory, I'll check again and write them down. Just a FYIThanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was towing the 5er this weekend and brought my temp gun with me. After a 2 hour drive I stopped and let the EGT cool to 300 (my thermocouple is in the '5 hole' of the exhaust manafold, the usual spot). I temped the: Exhaust manafold - 425 Turbo housing intake - 180 Turbo housing exhaust - 430 Valve cover - 185 Exhaust elbow behind turbo - 465 Those are from memory, I'll check again and write them down. Just a FYI Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While you're at it, use your temp gun to shoot the VP, VP computer, and the intake and outlet fuel lines. That would be interesting. I need one of those little tools. :)