• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I'm back! I am still selling my cummins, but I bought another one to replace it!

CSM

:smart: For 2nd Gen trucks: There must be a conservation of Cummins, as new ones can not be created, and neither should they be destroyed (or removed from your posession in my case) without replacing the Cummins with another.

I don't know what I was thinking when I thought about getting a Tundra. :rolleyes: I am not sure what I was drinking that night... I mean, toyota 4runners are great for women and kids, my wife loves hers, but a man needs a truck.

I looked at the 3rd gens, as my dad has a couple of them, and I just couldn't love the interior, or the cost of common rail parts. I also have driven 2nd gen Dodges since 1999, and between the parts I have laying about and the meager knowledge I have gained... I just couldn't stand getting anything else!

Anyway, I am still a legit part of the "mopar family" as Mike says. :hyper: And I hope to be on here and wrenching a bit more after these tours of North Dakota end soon. Thankfully I came to my senses!

New 02 - http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/5942-New-Truck?p=55078#post55078

Posted Image

Old 2000... On its way out.

Posted Image

Doesn't sound like the oil activity will ever end anytime soon here this time.Glad I live just on the edge of oil country but its coming my way. We are seeing the effects of it in the Bismarck Mandan and surrounding areas too as all the housing is gone here too from oil industry workers buying it all up.

Doesn't sound like the oil activity will ever end anytime soon here this time. Glad I live just on the edge of oil country but its coming my way. We are seeing the effects of it in the Bismarck Mandan and surrounding areas too as all the housing is gone here too from oil industry workers buying it all up.

Yeah. It really sucks on the industry end too... I hate booms and busts. Booms are bad for the workers and for the locals... and are only really good for some of the companies poised to make good money from the boom and pay out their investment before things slump. I have seen some of the locals in Williston do pretty well though... They were able to get some water and sewage service to their land on the outskirts of town and they leased out man camp space. At $200 a night and being sold out way in advance... I hope they aren't losing money. I was up there in Dickinson last week, and I just about got killed a couple times on the busy roads with the nut jobs running about up there.

I am about 70 miles east of Dickinson and get there a few times a year. They are busy but nothing like up north in minot and Williston, but that is changing fast especially with the oil development heading south of Dickinson and east now. I have had no reason to get to Williston but have been in Minot a few times and that place is an Ant hill and last summers massive flood up there helped nothing.OH yeah congrats on the new rig! Hope it works out for you.:thumb1:Where do you call home?

I am about 70 miles east of Dickinson and get there a few times a year. They are busy but nothing like up north in minot and Williston, but that is changing fast especially with the oil development heading south of Dickinson and east now. I have had no reason to get to Williston but have been in Minot a few times and that place is an Ant hill and last summers massive flood up there helped nothing. OH yeah congrats on the new rig! Hope it works out for you.:thumb1: Where do you call home?

I live in Denver and grew up on the farm in N. Colorado. My work takes me throughout the "rockies" region, ND, WY, UT, CO, SD, MT, & NM. A lot of ND this month and next, then probably some work in Utah and possibly Wyoming. I will be in Minot tomorrow night and probably up in NoDak through the second week of June. I would like to pick your brain on automatics sometime... as this is the first time I have had an automatic since my 97 Ram 1500.