• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

this was about a 100 miles ago or alittle less one of my powersteering lines were clogged and i clean and rebled the system when i putted the fluid in it i over filled it just a little bit but i just noticed this evenin that i lost about a pint and i can not figure out where its goin and also another think i noticed was the fluid was a light brown and it smelled like oil but i putted fresh fluid in it but i dont if this is normal but i purty sure it aint

• Owner

You got to remember there is nearly another quart caught in the steering box and the hyro-booster...What I do is disconnect the return line from the PS pump and cap that nipple. The route the the return line back to a waste bucket. The start the ngine and rock the steering left or right till the pump runs dry. This only takes a few seconds and then shut down the engine. The re-fill and do again. I do this till the system is completely purged out. Then hook up the reutrn line and re-fill... This should help...

• Owner

If I'm not mistaken the oil feed comes off the vacuum pump feed line and heads up to the P-pump. So there should be a braided oil line that runs up to the P-pump that most likely have a banjo bolt holding it on. As for exactly where I'm not sure. I've never had the pleasure of working on a 12V 2nd gen yet...