• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
hex0rz

Cabin air filter

No I don't have one... But the simple solution is when you get to dusty areas turn the the HVAC over to Max A/C and close off the outside air and recirc your air. No problem. 10 years of driving dusting Idaho road I've never plugged a evaporator core.Good tip... :wink:

• Like 1

No I don't have one... But the simple solution is when you get to dusty areas turn the the HVAC over to Max A/C and close off the outside air and recirc your air. No problem. 10 years of driving dusting Idaho road I've never plugged a evaporator core. Good tip... :wink:

You know, I actually never understood the HVAC controls.. Obviosuly the picture fits the desired action, but the A/C portion and how to get recirculation confuses me.

They never clearly mark / explain what each control does. Not like my 97 Cirrus which has an extra knob (recirc / outside)... that I can freakin understand! In the newer vehicles, I guess we're just suppost to know for max cooling, one must recirulate air.

They never clearly mark / explain what each control does. Not like my 97 Cirrus which has an extra knob (recirc / outside)... that I can freakin understand! In the newer vehicles, I guess we're just suppost to know for max cooling, one must recirulate air.

Yep... so if one of the a/c controls is recirculate, then how does that work? Cause, what if I wanted recirulate on but want heat? Unless the heater core vent is not setup for that?

MAX A/C is the only position that closes off the outside air and recirc the cabin air. All other positions use outside air. Recirc ....................... MAX A/COutside Air ................ A/C, Bi-level, Vent, Floor, DEF/Floor, DEFA/C Compressor ON .... MAX A/C, A/C, Bi-level, DEF/Floor, DEF

If you put your selector to max air and turn the temp control to hot it will blow some kinda hot air. I dont know what if anything the ac does when you do this however. I am thinking the temp control overides the ac maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

If you put your selector to max air and turn the temp control to hot it will blow some kinda hot air. I dont know what if anything the ac does when you do this however. I am thinking the temp control overides the ac maybe?

No I don't have one... But the simple solution is when you get to dusty areas turn the the HVAC over to Max A/C and close off the outside air and recirc your air. No problem. 10 years of driving dusting Idaho road I've never plugged a evaporator core. Good tip... :wink:

I pull this same trick when in dusty conditions. Leaves all that junk out of the vent system until the air clears up. I like to run in the normal A/C selection though since the MAX setting seems stuffy and not fresh.

Lot of times I just turn if all off and just roll down the windows too... Because 90% of the time when you get on a Idaho dirt road you will go up hill into the mountain where its cooler so save the fuel and enjoy the cooler air.