• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cabin air filter

No I don't have one... But the simple solution is when you get to dusty areas turn the the HVAC over to Max A/C and close off the outside air and recirc your air. No problem. 10 years of driving dusting Idaho road I've never plugged a evaporator core. Good tip... :wink:

You know, I actually never understood the HVAC controls.. Obviosuly the picture fits the desired action, but the A/C portion and how to get recirculation confuses me.

They never clearly mark / explain what each control does. Not like my 97 Cirrus which has an extra knob (recirc / outside)... that I can freakin understand! In the newer vehicles, I guess we're just suppost to know for max cooling, one must recirulate air.

They never clearly mark / explain what each control does. Not like my 97 Cirrus which has an extra knob (recirc / outside)... that I can freakin understand! In the newer vehicles, I guess we're just suppost to know for max cooling, one must recirulate air.

Yep... so if one of the a/c controls is recirculate, then how does that work? Cause, what if I wanted recirulate on but want heat? Unless the heater core vent is not setup for that?

• Owner

MAX A/C is the only position that closes off the outside air and recirc the cabin air. All other positions use outside air. Recirc ....................... MAX A/COutside Air ................ A/C, Bi-level, Vent, Floor, DEF/Floor, DEFA/C Compressor ON .... MAX A/C, A/C, Bi-level, DEF/Floor, DEF

If you put your selector to max air and turn the temp control to hot it will blow some kinda hot air. I dont know what if anything the ac does when you do this however. I am thinking the temp control overides the ac maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

If you put your selector to max air and turn the temp control to hot it will blow some kinda hot air. I dont know what if anything the ac does when you do this however. I am thinking the temp control overides the ac maybe?

No I don't have one... But the simple solution is when you get to dusty areas turn the the HVAC over to Max A/C and close off the outside air and recirc your air. No problem. 10 years of driving dusting Idaho road I've never plugged a evaporator core. Good tip... :wink:

I pull this same trick when in dusty conditions. Leaves all that junk out of the vent system until the air clears up. I like to run in the normal A/C selection though since the MAX setting seems stuffy and not fresh.