• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

air conditioning

So ive noticed the past 2 summers this occuring.i start the truck and its hot outside, i turn the ac on max setting and when it kicks in it sounds like the compressor clutch explodes and the engine surges badly. after that its fine until the truck sits for a while and it all cools down.in the winter it doesnt do this.when i have the ac on before i turn the engine over it doesnt do this as its already engaged...ill check the pressure the pressures this weekend to ensure its not overfilled, not sure if the clutch pack is worn out causing the extreme engagement after engine is running.all the while the ac is nice and cold, its just the clutch on the compressor hammers into action and i dont want to destroy something...thoughts?

• Owner

Over loaded with too much oil... If you been buying those can of freon from WalMart with the little hose it comes with a 2 oz shot of PAG oil too. So after a few time of recharging eventually the compressor is over loaded with oil and oil is much much hard to compress than freon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just chillin' :woot:

• Like 2