• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I hate Pruis drivers...

• Owner

Not to hijack you thread... But since its fire related...What happen was I had a lightning strike fire right across from my house and so I got smart grabbed the scanner and proceeded to listen. There is a fire station less than 1 mile from me. Guess what? There is no one there to man it any longer! The responding people came from Slate Creek, ID nearly 40 miles away! Plus USFS from McCall, ID 35 Miles away. I'm like OMG! This is a complete mess! I call the guy I've been working with try to help him out he didn't even know there was a fire in progress (no radios or pagers)! 2 Days later USFS and 1 man from Station 5 (Slate Creek) put out the fire.So never the less I made a few more phone calls and talked to the Chairman of the board and the acting fire chief (temporary). I was correct there is no one to respond from Station 1 which is 3/4 of mile from my house. I told them if they reinstate me back to my old rank (Station Captain) and allow a second man to join under me we'll man that station. Which getting reinstated is becoming a slightly administrative problem.So never the less I've been work with Station 2 and Station 1 for the last few weeks now repairing equipment, training people how to use the trucks, (Military 2 1/2 ton) in the mean time fixing station 1 and repairing my trucks and on top of it trying to get my equipment picked out again (radio, turn outs, etc.)

• Owner

No. I'm not doing maintenance this time.I'm going to stay mostly to my own fire station. They have already elected a maintenance person in Whitebird Idaho which is getting paid. Great for him. But at least I don't have to spend long hours working on trucks. All I got to do is report any issues to the Fire Chief and/or Chairman of the Board.