• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I hate Pruis drivers...

Took a little jaunt today. Just over an hour each way... should have been at least. Traffic was pretty heavy BOTH toward the beaches & surprizingly away too. All lanes had vehicles... almost going the speed limit... but all lanes were backed up too. And at the front of each backed up lane... some *** **** who is afraid to freakin drive. It's amazing how a couple of slow pokes can back up the interstate. I know, I should be more patient. It's bad for my blood pressure, I'm sure. The IDIOTS are oblivious to all the other drivers on the road. If it was just one, you could maneuver around them... the roads are full of them... AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

• Staff
:lol::lol: Like that photo.....Have you guys noticed the Smart car?Looks like a death trap :stuned: to me, like it would roll over with just the slightest push......and there is no roll cage?!... :rolleyes: now that's SAD!

• Owner

There is a thread that ISX explained the MPG per ton calculation. So what Prius can get high numbers, Smart Cars can get high number but can they carry or tow heavy cargo? :whistle:Fact remains that 99% of all goods in USA are trucked in by diesels. You'll never find a hybrid truck hauling goods to market.It might be great for people that live in big cities than drive 20 miles max a day to and from work. But how about the working class rancher or farmer? :whistle:I still say the Big Three need to quit playing the HP/TQ game and get back to building economical diesel trucks. Which in another thread here it illegal to build. :banghead:

There is a thread that ISX explained the MPG per ton calculation. So what Prius can get high numbers, Smart Cars can get high number but can they carry or tow heavy cargo? :whistle:

Fact remains that 99% of all goods in USA are trucked in by diesels. You'll never find a hybrid truck hauling goods to market.

It might be great for people that live in big cities than drive 20 miles max a day to and from work. But how about the working class rancher or farmer? :whistle:

I still say the Big Three need to quit playing the HP/TQ game and get back to building economical diesel trucks. Which in another thread here it illegal to build. :banghead:

Much of it is about gas/fuel tax dollars rolling in. If they get "too" many high mileage vehicles that can haul stuff, revenue goes down. And we all know politicians can't do without other folks money!!!! It's also because of EPA regs. In Europe, they have clean air standards for vehicles like here, but they check it in a different way, or look for different stuff. Our Cummins in the 4th gen would be phenominal if they'd go to the urea system like they did in the C&C models!!!! Must make just "TOO MUCH SENSE" to do that though!!!!

• Owner

once i get my clutch replaced ill be doing a smoke switch, i cant smoke right now as the power that pours out slips the clutch... but i smoke out anyone draggin anchor when there is no need... especially in the left lane.:mad:

Don't come to Idaho you'll find me draggin' anchor as well on a 2 lane roads. But I might give you a challenge of getting around me... :tongue:

Don't come to Idaho you'll find me draggin' anchor as well on a 2 lane roads. But I might give you a challenge of getting around me... :tongue:

lmao! naw its the idiots that do 35 in a 65 in the left lane and hover next to the other idiot doing the same speed. or people doing way below the limit in left lane and nobody is in right lane... but yes a race it will be in idaho... :)

Here you go...

Posted Image

That is a funny one there.:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

- - - Updated - - -

:lol::lol: Like that photo.....

Have you guys noticed the Smart car?

Looks like a death trap :stuned: to me, like it would roll over with just the slightest push......and there is no roll cage?!... :rolleyes: now that's SAD!

The first smart car I ever saw was in Maryland and it had a vanity plate on it. It read "DTHTRAP". I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

lmao! naw its the idiots that do 35 in a 65 in the left lane and hover next to the other idiot doing the same speed. or people doing way below the limit in left lane and nobody is in right lane...

but yes a race it will be in idaho... :)

The left line riders who pace the people beside really grind my gears. Especiallly when they are passing the SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT signs.

How does one get a spot in the Idaho 300?

- - - Updated - - -

Let's drink a beer together first... :wink::cheers:

Well I can see by this that I am already qualified for the 300.:tongue:

• Owner

That may wind up being a; "Here, hold my beer and watch this." type thing that gets put on U-tube all over the internet!!!:lmao2::lmao:

Damn rednecks at it again... :lmao::lmao2: Well I'm lucky to live in area where traffic is really low and people don't mind driving -10 MPH under the speed limit. Also state of Idaho doesn't have a minimum speed limit. So you can legally drive as slow as you wish but must yield to traffic if your holding more than 3 vehicles behind you. But most people don't mind -10 off of the speed limits. Typically set the cruise at 55 MPH. Like most of the canyon road is twisty tight corners so if you attempt to drive speed limit I will most likely respond from the fire dept to come clean you up off the highway. Oh yeah I'm back to the Salmon River Rural Fire Dept again. :whistle: