• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Comp and computer

Well after some trial and error, i looked around at some other forums and someone suggested unplugging the map but leave harness plugged into comp. I should have seen smoke and more power. Well it ran the same like i had not done anything. so i toggled through the scangauge, and it showed 22 psi boost, and if i toggled to map, showed 22 also, seems i may have a permanately defueled computer or something. It runs good and no codes but my comp feels like my EZ. Any suggestions welcome.

• Owner

Actually I can answer that... When you run only the Edge Comp the boost pressure goes MAX like you see it but the problem is the VP44 is in full retarded timing. So you got lots of fuel but no timing to gain power. Eventually it will throw a P0236 code which is boost too high too long. Best to hook up the MAP sensor so you can get your timing back. Max advancement is right 0-5 PSI and boost goes up the timing retard which follows the Autoignition Temperature Laws.

Yes i hooked it back up. I just did it to test and see. I will call edge today, i think level 4 and 5 do not work. I dont see any difference from my EZ lol. so much for 500 bucks. You think they would incorporate a safety or a way to tell when its not working, like having the lights flash when attempting a lvl that doesnt work.

I will report back what they find.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and on the tap, what more can i do if i see 12 volts with key on. And if edge says it is fine it can only mean i have a weak IP, but it runs great i can't see how. Is the wire a better tap place, the guy at edge couldn't really say what the module does with the 12 volts it sees, just that it uses that voltage to communicate with the pump. I don't want to try screwing the tap in farther could mess more stuff up.

They found nothing, they said they tested it and it worked fine. Tested on a 2001 truck like mine, so they are sending back. I will have to look elsewhere for the fueling, im thinking that the comp just works differently on different injection pumps. All i know is i put my EZ back on, and the exhaust note was very much deeper, alot deeper, sounded good. And it seemed to pull just a lil less than the comp did lol, my truck sucks:banghead: