• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another one from California

rasteck

Truck details should be in the sig (if I did it right). Bought her brand new in Jan of 2000 and she's treated me way better than I've treated her. Need to figure out a FP issue I'm seeing with my Raptor or my gauge, then should be back on the road again.Great site, lots of great info!

Thanks guys!We did a little over 3200 mile to Yellowstone and back and on the second half my fuel pressure was lower and lower everyday until by the time we made it home it was 8psi max.I replaced the filter while on the road and messed with the regulator but couldn't budge the psi. Last Sunday I replaced the plunger in the regulator with the viton ball from Pure Flow. That got me from 8psi to 9. I'm reading the pressure with a mechanical ISSPro from the fitting on the VP that comes with the big line kit. Gauge goes thru an isolator. Water/antifreeze mix in line from isolator to gauge. Bled the fuel side of the isolator. No change. The FP test kit from Geno's just showed up today so tomorrow I should know if it's the pump or the gauge. I'm just testing pressure by bumping the starter. I haven't actually started the truck in two weeks. Thanks for askin'!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I figure that'll be my next dilemma. Is it the gauge or isolator. Probably find out my psi is 30 and I screwed up the VP. D'oh!Thanks guys. I'll know more tomorrow after I recover from the vodka tonight. Hot day, home made lemon aide, kettle one; just too easy. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plugged the test gauge in, sure enough, almost 30psi. Backed that down to 20 and took the fitting off the gauge side of the isolator and it was bone dry inside. I filled it back up with water/antifreeze and now the gauge in the truck reads 20 too. Bumped the Smarty back up to 9 and heading out for a drive right now. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the fam, dump that isolator when you get back and you wont have anymore problems.

Yup, guess I'll be adding that to the to do list. Right now it's reading exactly the same as the test gauge so at least I'm back on the road. Heck, maybe I'll add a pressure gauge to the Insight so I have a backup (already did that for the trans). :shrug: Now I'm back to wondering why I can pull the pressure down by 6psi which was the original reason for the viton ball swap, but I'll just leave well enough alone now. :banghead: Thanks for the input everybody!