Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47re advice needed! Is it toasted?

Well, I'm pretty sure my 47Re (I think? It's a 99) is toast or the converter is toast. Here's what's going on...When going from "P" to "R" you can feel the tranny "jerk" as it catches gear. All seems fine In Reverse. When you go from park to D 1 2 3 or from reverse to D123 there is no catch or feeling that it's going in gear. If I get onto it, it will finally start to move but you can tell there is major slip. On the hwy it will constantly search for a gear, grab launch forward all of a sudden, slip slow way down, or what feels like a downshift and the motor will rev way up. At 60mph I'm turning almost 3k just to keep it going. Pulled up to a relight earlier and felt the truck start to stall out. Like the TC was locked and wanted to kill it out. Put it in N and it idled fine. I'm not sure if this is just a burnt up TC or entire tranny toasted. What do you guys think?

Check the governor solenoid, governor pressure transducer, and output-shaft speed sensor.All three of those will cause many of the symptoms you've described.. If the transducer isn't reading proper pressures, then the governor solenoid doesn't know what to do.. The OSS also tells the PCM how fast the truck is going. if this is getting incorrect readings, then the pcm gets confused and doesn't know what gear to select.. I just went through this with my '97 47RE...