• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Death Wobble Jeep?

Alright so lately the passenger side front tire has been doing this death wobble crap. Verrrry mild, I know what the real death wobble is and this is more of an imbalance, but it has got progressively worse and was pretty bad yesterday. I am not a suspension/axle guy at all and I really doubt it has anything to do with death wobble but I just wanted to confirm that this is probably just bad u-joints? What else could it be? It doesn't really do it in a straight line but moreso when you are turning left where the weight of the vehicle is shifted to that passenger side tire. Sometimes it does it sometimes it's smooth as silk, just has to have something "set it off". :shrug: Oh and this is my 1994 jeep cherokee.

Alright so I noticed the insides of my tires were wearing down a lot and the outsides were brand new.. Apparently I can't adjust camber so I went to toe. According to my calculations it was a little over 1/16" toe out on both sides or 1/8" if one side was square. I was told you want it to be just a hair under 0 or toeing in, so I set it to be at 1/16th toe in on both sides maybe even a little less. I also put the worn tires on the back since the back end always wears stuff evenly so it can wear the other side down. I went out for a drive and it didn't even think of vibrating.Now the only thing that keeps me from being sure that it was the toe or the uneven wearing or both, is that it only did it on the passenger side, making me think the tire belt thing. I think I will take the tire in and have it checked out, don't need another explosion lol.