• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok so i did the vent relocation mod shortly after i got my truck a couple of years ago, and cleaned the mess out of the radiator. Where the tube exits is just above the front diff/ujoint. It pushes enough oil out of the pipe to completely drench my u joint and drip on the ground. I have seen some videos and it seems this is excessive. :think:I also have a headgasket leaking externally so i figured no need to just go part way. I am saving for a overhaul now.:spend: Just wanted to double check the obvious. :banghead:

• Owner

Absolutely normal.Blow by when its pushing oil out of the tube and dip stick now you got problems. Kind of like the Chevy 3500 fire truck down at the fire station some ran it low on oil and now it pushing oil out the dip stick and the breather tube. So as long as ther is no oil loss then your fine...:wink:

So I still have the stock tube and bottle and everything on my truck. I dont seem to be having any radiator problems yet, but it does look like there is a lot of oil all over the front of the engine from this set up. I have heard a lot about the conversion to get rid of all of this. What exactly do you do and where do you run the new tube?? Thanks tons in advance!!

yea i know, but i also have to pull the head for the head gasket leak i already have so I will try to combine the two jobs and have everthing checked. I do believe that the obvious amount of oil i have coming out is not normal. I think for my piece of mind i want the motor fully inspected. I just started going back to school yesterday for the first time since 1987 on a va program. I dont need any more on my mind now that i commute in this thing for the next 15 months. As soon as i can I will get this addressed. :pray:I think i will call mine Blow Bye.. :tongue::lmao: