• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Which one to buy?

Ok so i was in an accident about 4 months ago and the truck is being totaled by other partys insurance. Ive only had it a year and i havent made a big dent in the loan so after its paid off i wont have much left to play with so i am gona be looking for a new truck. I liked having the 6spd. I dont want to go to low on year. Wana avoid the 53 block and KDP problem. I had great mpg on my truck so wana stick with same options. I am willing to hear some advise and opinions. My question is is a 5 spd better than the 6spd. I know that the 6 spd have the Dana 80. Anyways what shall i get?? Im currently thinking about this one. http://www.canyonstateauto.com/inventory/view/5618626/2000-Dodge-Ram%202500

The truck sure looks nice. I see it has an intake. Is that a dry paper filter I'm looking at? (good) Oiled medium (bad)In the pictures of the engine. I think I'm seeing something I can't ID (frame 11)... maybe a plug in the exhaust where a EGT probe was previously. Probably had gauges. Did it have a chip or programer & was the truck abused?