• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

turbo whine 12V vs 24V

So, yeah. My 24V 2001 HX35 6spd with silencer ring MIA and BHAF would absolutely scream when loading the engine and being around 20-25psi boost (towing). It had Edge Juice w/Att., 5" Diamond Eye, BHAF..My 1997 12V HX35 built auto with silencer ring MIA and BHAF is hardly noticable at 20-25psi under same conditions with OD and TCC on. #100 fuel plate, 215 pump, 4" Diamond Eye, BHAF. Both have same downpipe...Any ideas why the dramatic audible difference? Is it basically the 12 less valves and the 30 less base HP??

My HX35 on my 12v is really loud. I took out the silencer ring as well and have a BHAF and a 4 inch straight pipe. I don't really have anyone to compare to side by side but its honestly really loud. Especially when i shift from gear to gear and I shift at a high RPM. It screams.