• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
Rogan

turbo whine 12V vs 24V

So, yeah. My 24V 2001 HX35 6spd with silencer ring MIA and BHAF would absolutely scream when loading the engine and being around 20-25psi boost (towing). It had Edge Juice w/Att., 5" Diamond Eye, BHAF..My 1997 12V HX35 built auto with silencer ring MIA and BHAF is hardly noticable at 20-25psi under same conditions with OD and TCC on. #100 fuel plate, 215 pump, 4" Diamond Eye, BHAF. Both have same downpipe...Any ideas why the dramatic audible difference? Is it basically the 12 less valves and the 30 less base HP??

My HX35 on my 12v is really loud. I took out the silencer ring as well and have a BHAF and a 4 inch straight pipe. I don't really have anyone to compare to side by side but its honestly really loud. Especially when i shift from gear to gear and I shift at a high RPM. It screams.

yeah, i dunno why this one is so quiet. It's no big deal, just a dramatic difference to what I'm used to hearing..