• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mike is out firefighting so don't call him....

ISX

Moparmom called me to say mike has been at it for 48 hours now and needs sleep so until he gets back on here and gives the go ahead, don't try calling him because it is just flooding moparmom. If you have an emergency then you would be better off looking at the 911 section or calling me (though I am not available often currently) at 660-287-7318. A lot of peoples numbers are in their profile if you click on their name.. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

• Owner

Thank you... I'm home for now but I've got to be back up at 4am and head back out to the firelines bright in the morning. I'll be back soon to my typical answer the phone as soon as the fire is contained. Right now the fire is 21,000 acres and 0% contained the last I heard. I'll be taking my camera tommorow to get some pics. I'll be safe and I'll be back! :cool:

• Like 1

Thank you... I'm home for now but I've got to be back up at 4am and head back out to the firelines bright in the morning. I'll be back soon to my typical answer the phone as soon as the fire is contained. Right now the fire is 21,000 acres and 0% contained the last I heard. I'll be taking my camera tommorow to get some pics. I'll be safe and I'll be back! :cool:

You're just scoping out more firewood, aren't you???!!!!:lmao::lmao2: Be safe my friend!!!!!:pray::smart:

My mom in southeastern Wyoming has been dealing with similar issues up where her cabin is. The drought compounded with the beetles moving through some years ago wreaking havoc and killing everything in theyre wake has wiped out some serious acreage all around her. She has been a nervous wreck all summer long praying her area in particular doesnt go up in flames. Shes had some close calls, within 7 or 8 miles, has been lucky so far. Im sure all of you will be glad to see some snow fall. Glad to see your doing ok :thumbup2:

• Owner
http://www.nwcn.com/your-news/169361056.html http://www.ktvb.com/news/slideshows/Sheep-Fire-near-Riggins-Idaho-169325886.html http://www.nwcn.com/home/?fId=169217376&fPath=/news/local&fDomain=10222 http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/sep/09/more-fire-evacuations-idaho/ http://www.ktvb.com/news/Wildfire-destroys-one-building-near-Riggins-169230196.html http://www.inciweb.org/incident/article/3240/17115/ More news on it. But yes gang I'm here in one piece and doing good this morning after a good nights sleep. The cause of the fire is basically a electrical fire from a transformer the blew up and threw sparks in the grass. Then off to the races. There is 2 other fire here locally that are currently in progress so I'm on standby to respond at anytime right now. So in the mean time today I got to do some truck repairs for a water tender that got a damaged front brake line and some backfire issues. So I'm not out of the woods exactly yet...:rolleyes:

• Owner

Did ya see any MAFFS C-130 fire bombers up there?

There is several types of aircraft going up here but most helicopters and sky cranes. But there was some large aircraft doing retardant drops too. Basically why there is there no really good action or fire pics we as a Volunteer Fire Dept were stagged in water point that was close to all structures and homes so if the fire was to possibly come close during burn out operations then we could respond from a close distance of a few miles than 20-60 miles if we to respond from a fire station as normal. Since USFS was fairly sure of the structures where protected and secure they released us for the time. But never know if we might get paged again. :rolleyes:

Have some fires here too. I was on a handline crew for half my twenties. Seems like when there was a fire we put it out as soon as posible. The owner of the crew i was on is here now with his. Crew. The pisfir willies ( forest service) are having all the ad crews and calfire stand by while they act like they are fighting it with backfires that they loose control of. Its a joke. There are twenty thousand men here who want to put it out. Propaganda!!! They want to burn us all out cause a couple hippies arr growing weed here.

• Owner

Mike, your back on as a volly right? I'm eager to get into wildland as a paid person. I had to leave the fire dept. since I've moved for my job and it kills me to listen to the firetrucks go by... Looks like a double-standard of fun! :lol:

Dang Hex I figured your still up to no good in Sandpoint Idaho. :cry: Yeap I'm back to Salmon River Rural Fire Dept. I'm currently working to restore my fire station to the glore I kept it in the past. But is been a long hard road plus all the current fire that are burning. I've got a brush truck that got 6.5L Chevy Diesel and huge blow by issues. Someone ran it 5 quarts low on oil. :duh: Then my structure engine has a overheating issue with climb the canyon walls to get ot some of the homes. :duh: So when I get time I got to get the tools and the blessing of the Administration to get this all fixed ASAP. I can tell tales of all the mis-adventures I've had so far since I returned. But not on a public internet forum though... :rolleyes:

Dang Hex I figured your still up to no good in Sandpoint Idaho. :cry: Yeap I'm back to Salmon River Rural Fire Dept. I'm currently working to restore my fire station to the glore I kept it in the past. But is been a long hard road plus all the current fire that are burning. I've got a brush truck that got 6.5L Chevy Diesel and huge blow by issues. Someone ran it 5 quarts low on oil. :duh: Then my structure engine has a overheating issue with climb the canyon walls to get ot some of the homes. :duh: So when I get time I got to get the tools and the blessing of the Administration to get this all fixed ASAP. I can tell tales of all the mis-adventures I've had so far since I returned. But not on a public internet forum though... :rolleyes:

No, :cry:... Unfortunately not anymore. Since I've been gone though, I still occassionally go up there though since the in-laws live up there. Ran into a fellow volly and he said its been real quiet since I left. I guess I took the action with me! :lol: I hope to live in the post falls area or so sometime soon and if I can get on with their fire dept. The chief in sandpoint told me they prefer to hire their volly's first before outsiders. I would love to be able to get myself into that situation. Now, that certainly sounds like you have got your hands full! I hope you get what you need. Especially since budgets are running tight.