• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

RE-KEY the WHOLE TRUCK

Guys,Turns out the trash that sold me my 02 also forgot to tell me about the Hide-A-Key under the bedrail. Anybody ever re key these trucks? I need doors and barrel. I don't want to call Dodge, because... its a dealer :spend:. Well, the 02 got broken into last night. They roughed up the interior, but the alarm scared the FSA bastards off before they did much more than ripped out the ash tray. Its parked at my office now, but it will be a target even after its re-keyed. Thanks.

I don't know how difficult rekeying is. The 02 is an automatic. I believe there is a jumper when the starter disconnect would be, The start in gear protection. It's an easy place to install a kill switch.

I ended up paying a local locksmith to do it. $280 for a so so job. NEW QUESTION! Any way I can wire up a cattle prod to the door lock? Say, arms when I arm the security system? :evilgrin: I can see one of the local "urban youts" get his butt zapped right now. :lmao: I need to move. :banghead: Sigh.

My ex-bro-in-law... kind of a Redneck sort of guy... a problem with dogs getting into his garbage. Several 55 gallon drums behind his garage. Johnny laid some old aircraft landing mats (WW2 CBs) on the ground and put the barrels up on old tires, wired them to 110v. I personally saw this set up... The dogs didn't tip the barrels over ever again. Unfortunately Johnny had to get a new trash guy as the trash man beat Johnny to the garage one morning & got lit up pretty good.I had a problem with a mini-horse stallion who would not stay in his enclosure... He had gotten out at his previous owners & bred the mares much to the owners surprise... he was only 30" tall... with the attitude of a Clydesdale! I put 4 strands of wire around him & used a battery operated fence charger. Intended to run on a throw away 6 volt dry cell, I wired it up to a rechargeable 12 volt car battery. It drew a pretty yellow spark about 1/2" long. The little guy walked right up & tested it... and was knocked on his ___. 3 times, he tried it. Same result each time. He stayed where he was put after that, but remained a nippy little guy. Now I don't know if modern car tires are good enough insulators to wire it... Sure might be fun, clip lead to the underbody.

I ended up paying a local locksmith to do it. $280 for a so so job. NEW QUESTION! Any way I can wire up a cattle prod to the door lock? Say, arms when I arm the security system? :evilgrin: I can see one of the local "urban youts" get his butt zapped right now. :lmao: I need to move. :banghead: Sigh.

I like the cattleprod idea. You need to also install a camera so you can film it happening. Just dont YOU forget its on there.:lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

if you want a good idea for a kill switch i can PM you with a design i am using, but without a trans its a theory right now. although mike is almost 100% certain it will work as intended.

Go for it man, and thanks. I was going to wire something up along the lines of how my 5sp is setup if that gives you a hint. I will need a good kill switch. After the ******* hoodrat theives saw whats in the truck, they may go up to Aurora and get somebody who knows what he is about to "fix" the alarm. I need to be able to hard core disable it beyond the Karr alarm. I think most of the damage they did was to "punish" me for the alarm. When it went off it looks like they just started ripping on ____. Damn near broke the bottom of the dash out when they took the ash tray.