• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Camaro owner records mechanics abusing car, scheming to get damages paid for

flagmanruss

Scumbags! :mad: IF I were the owner of this vehicle, I would demand the dealership take the care back and issue me a NEW vehicle just like it with ZERO miles or as close as possible to it on the vehicle. I think I would also be discussing the issue with the district attorney to prosecute charges of vandalism, and any other charges that could be made to stick. Add to that a FREE top of the line loaner vehicle until my new vehicle is delivered. In this society and culture......DO NOT hold your breath waiting for ANY of this to happen as most district attornies ARE even bigger scumbags. The courts are flat out BROKE. If the guy is lucky, maybe he can get John Stossel or one of the other network shows to do a story on it.

• Owner

Good reason I do all my own work on my truck and vehicles. Also I don't care if there is a insurance laws about me being in the work area of a shop. I'm always out with my truck. Typically the only shop I go to is get tires done. Even then I watch my truck closely. I know the owner of the shop but I don't know his crew.

Hopefully, the power of the internet... it was front page news yesterday... will convince the stealer... dealership... to make it right to the customer AND correct the personel problem. After the A** H**** get done paying the dealership back for the clutch, there will be a powerful incentive not to F up a customer's car again. I dare say, the negative publicity has already cost the dealership more than the clutch. The guy needs to play that tape for the (dealership) owner.

Thats about enough to make my blood boil and its not even my car. If I payed 40k for a vehicle and found out some punk was out wearin the tires down to the rims, Id be wearin his as* out with my steel toe boot. Thats half the problem with people these days, no respect for people or property. We live in a very small community and last week I read in the police beat a 20-something year old kid got arrested for burglary and tresspassing. I dont know this guy but by the address listed in the paper I know who he is and have seen him out and about as he lives less than a quarter of a mile from us. Well the other day Im out back in the yard and I see him walking up the road and hes walking by real slow and staring inside my open garage door. Now Im not the wealthiest fella in the world but Ive got a few toys stashed in there along with a bunch of tools and such along with my mustang in the corner and this kid is so fixed on eyeballin my stuff he doesnt even see me or my 100 + pound shepard/lab, which by the way is VERY protective of the family and the house and has had his eye on this character since before I even saw him. He sees our house as HIS territory and does not take kindly to strangers. So I whisper to him "who is it kid" (I call him kid as a nickname because he was my very first kid before I had children) That was all it took he took off in a full sprint barkin and growling and the hair standing up on the back of his neck and meets this kid right at the edge of the yard. By this time hes not walking in the grass anymore hes out in the middle of the street back peddling. Once he figures out kid wont go out in the street (thats his boundry and he knows it well) this kid has the nerve to say "You need to get ahold of your mutt dude". I replied by saying "maybe next time you oughta walk on the other side of the road you wont pi*shim off so bad" He said a few swear words I wont repeat basically saying "I thought I was gonna get bit" I said "he might its hard to say" Now my dog isnt neccessarily vicous hes never bit anybody but then again I sure dont want this guy knowing that Im already paranoid enough as it is knowing a thief is only living right up the road from me. Now Im back to closing the garage door all the time keeping it locked if I go back inside Ive even been locking the cars lately. FRUSTRATING

When I lived in California, my neighbor turned his car in for warrantee repair and got a rental. He told the service manager he and his wife worked and he would have to pick his car up after work when they are done. What he didn't know was an employee heard this, took his garage door opener and rob his house on the employees lunch time. It's bad enough to hear this, but many other things can happen when you turn your vehicle in for service.

Times have changed and changed for the worst. Anymore, the best policy is OPSEC (operational security). Keep your stuff locked or closed up. DO NOT let ANYONE (this particularly includes law enforcement) except for the most trusted and close people to you see or know what you have. Even then it is better to work on a need to know basis. The sooner folks realize that the cops are lazy and corrupt, the courts are TOTALLY BROKE, and the law maker could care less about you or anything but what lines their pockets, the better off and more in tune with reality you will be. Employ every measure you can to protect your family and property. Dogs that are territorial area GREAT first step. Post camera's, ensure doors and windows are locked (although this will mearly cause a small delay, it will make noise and call attention) DO NOT leave the keys in vehicles, ATV's, or lawn mowers, etc. AGGRESSIVELY confront any treaspassers or suspicious people in your AO. Even then, these bastards will try to rip you off. As I said, times have changed, the Republic is GONE, what in past times was a hanging offense will now bring probation. For many years, too many rats have been in the cage. The cage continues to fill and the rats will behave MUCH worse. Just be mindful of it and prepare yourself.