• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Steering gear box

Truck in signature has a slow (add some fluid once a month) leak in OEM steering gear box? Appears to come from one of the lines off the top OR where the steering shaft goes in? Truck has 180K and OEM suspension. Replace or repair box or box, Power steering pump and lines, & while I'm @ it rebuild the vacuumed pump! what are some options for a new gear box & PS pump? What do I watch for if disconnecting PS lines from break master cylinder? Does the break master Cylinder receive driving pressure from sheeting gear box? Thanks Dave. P.S. The new drag link, steering stabilizer, & steering shock, & quater turn on the top adj bolt of the gear box all or part relieved all the steering wondering, drifting, and unintended lane changes. LOL. Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a rebuilt up here for around $150.00, it wasn't leaking, but loose as a goose's patooey when on the highway. I would have gone Borgenson if i had the cash.I didn't have any issues with the lines coming off and going back on. Good time to rebuld your vacuum pump as you will need to bleed the power steering pump after replacing the box, saves you from doing it twice.

My OEM steering box was leaking and I chose to replace with the Borgeson. I thought about rebuilt or replacement OEM but was concerned about the long term durability. That and the borgeson makes the steering lighter, more responsive.Borgeson 800112 is ~$360 from Amazon, free shipping.

My OEM steering box was leaking and I chose to replace with the Borgeson. I thought about rebuilt or replacement OEM but was concerned about the long term durability. That and the borgeson makes the steering lighter, more responsive. Borgeson 800112 is ~$360 from Amazon, free shipping.

What was the warranty with the box from Amazon? I assume it's the same 3 yr everyone else shows, but Amazon didn't say anything about a warranty. Thanks Bill