• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ATV fun...

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Oh trust me we were...:lol3: The thing is we were at about 5,500 feet of elevation and there was about 1 foot of snow. But we were trying to ride around the mountain. The highest elevation is right around 7,500 feet... So we gave up... Funny part I'm the guy with the Cowboy hat in black... I'm the only ATV without chains on! :eek: But in the last picture I was pushing both of them for another 3-6 more inches and sank! :lmao2:

Never heard of chains on a 4 wheeler :eek: All they do here is sink them, drive them through ponds, anything like that. I'd like to see the people around here's impressions if I drove through town with a chained 4 wheeler :lol3: Probably think I was dragging logs or something.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LuvMyTwins

Nice pics... we had some fun around the farm this weekend as well, but ended up having to use the kids Razr to do so. When it rains it pours I guess... went to fire up my ATV this weekend to pull the kids around, dead ignition switch (every try to pull start a 4-wheeler in temperatures in the teens?!!! yep, got an appointment with the Chiropractor later today!!). Anyway, gave up on mine and went to start the wife's, choke control busted and don't know what's dislodged or jacked up internally to the carb. Think I'm going to throw both ATV's in the back of the Dodge and set all 3 of these aside for those time I need to "out of the house" time!!

• Owner

Chuck that truely sucks to throw your back out trying to yank start anything... As for the carb choke problems... I've seen on my sled and other small engine were the choke slide gums up and stick and you'll end up using way to much force trying to move it. (SNAP!) Or even worse water got down in the cable and froze!

Guest LuvMyTwins

Just joking about the back thing, just pointing out that trying to pull start a 4-wheeler in freezing temps sucks $!@#($@!.

Pretty sure the choke cable froze. Not sure why they (Yamaha) thought a plastic insert between the cable and carb was a good idea?! Cracked in right in half. Good news is a simple fix, bad news is have to pull the carb out and take it apart just to get the new cable connect back to the butterfly (or whatever Yammy uses for their chokes). All good, just wasn't wanting anymore projects this winter... of course this one's high on the families list now that the snow's flying. We have more fun riding ATV's in the snow... no dust!!!

• Owner

We have more fun riding ATV's in the snow... no dust!!!

No doubt... :lmao: I got to admit even in the summer time its still fun but sure hate life trying to get all the dust out of your nose... :shocked2: Since i bought my ATV in the spring I've gotten over 1.6K miles on mine... I also managed to build enough trails that I can nearly ride all the way to town without riding on paved highways. But with the snow around here I really could use a plow blade and make a few buck plowing driveways... :broke: