• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Only had it a week and,,,,,,,,

• Owner

Best thing to do is take care of the weakness...

So since your signature isn't filled out nor the post has any information about the truck.

[*]Gauges (Fuel pressure, Pyrometer, Boost, Trans Temp)

[*]Fuel system (Lift pump upgrade)

[*]Automatic transmission upgrades (Torque converter and valve body)

[*]Manual transmission upgrades (Clutch)

Then you can start adding power upgrades.

If it's a 24V, fuel pressure gauge 1st then no question. After you see that it has no pressure you will buy a lift pump that works (airdog or whathaveyou).

From there I would do it like this:

[*]Pyrometer

[*]Upgraded clutch or built auto

[*]4" exhaust straight pipe with see through muffler. 3" is fine but eh, 4" is better lol.

[*]BHAF (Bring Hella Air Fast) er big air filter...

[*]EDGE Juice chip or something (I don't keep up on these (12V guy))

That is about all you have to do to get a solid truck. Now it seems 24V guys like to run 275 RV injectors for mileage so that would be the next thing on the list after all previous things. After all of these, you would start looking at turbo options... You will probably be pushing some high EGT's and that means to go any further you need to get rid of them with lots of cool air. The HX35 won't do that past this level. This level being 400HP/850TQ.. So obviously it's going to start getting expensive since turbos are not cheap. Most people stop at this point. Many people keep going but instead of a turbo they buy bigger injectors which is the WRONG way to go. Black smoke is the enemy and that's all they will get. You need to get a better turbo first. It's a fine art of air/fuel ratio. Blasting the engine with fuel and choking it with a crappy turbo is pointless.

• Like 3

Best thing to do is take care of the weakness...

[*]Gauges (Fuel pressure, Pyrometer, Boost, Trans Temp)

[*]Fuel system (Lift pump upgrade)

[*]Automatic transmission upgrades (Torque converter and valve body)

[*]Manual transmission upgrades (Clutch)

Thx guys, this is the way I will go!!!

Since you have an auto I would go through and adjust the bands, and change all your fluids. Maintence can be expensive depending on your budget, however it will save you money in the long run. Once you get your transmission built up, programmer wise I don't think you can go wrong with the Edge Comp box and many others on here can back me up with that. Any programmer will most likely require an aftermarket lift pump.

Well you have found a great site for info. I'm like you and couldn't leave mine stock for long. I took all the advice I could get on here and I'm super happy with how my truck runs now. Mine has 457.000kms on it and still going strong, even after being driven by thieves. I think both of our trucks will still be running after we are gone. I'm 40 :)

• Owner

Tell her that you are building a truck to last.

That never works............. still get the:ahhh: lol

Ummm... Seriously Stodg is right. If you present it to her properly it will work. For the longest time I use to get the weirdest looks from MoparMom and debate what is needed for the truck to make it last. Well now there is no questions asked about after 10 years of ownership and 208K miles she has no problems with anything I ask for now because she understands my design and what I'm after. :smart:

That never works............. still get the:ahhh: lol

That was a bit of a joke. I've had a 95 2500 v-10 since it had 5k miles on it. Well over 150k now and never had an issue except for the cold start pcm problem. She knows these trucks are made to last. The 95 is the best truck I've ever owned. Hoping this cummins is just as good! Besides, she's used to me buying stuff. Been upgrading the Viper for 8 years now. lol