• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Edge Insight cs

Jim 5150

I use the Edge Insight CTS for guages. It also is a data logger and will operate the Smarty Pod software.The CS model operates with a 2.4" screen and control buttons to the side of it while the CTS is a larger 4.3" touch screen.I like mine unit because it can monitor the operation of a mutltitude of parameters (many more than you could realistically install independant guages to do the same) as well as gives you the capability to set limits and inform you when those limits are being incroached upon. If you use just the Insight without any add on devices then you can read many operational parameters (i.e. boost pressure, mph, CR pressure, trans temp, voltage, mpg etc., but you can add on things like EGT, turbo cool down timers, other pressure and temp monitoring). It has data logging capability so you can fine tune adjustments on your trucks performance and then verify if those changes made any positive or negative improvements. I also use a backup camera and it uses the Insight as the camera display screen, thus eliminating the installation of some other screen device in the truck for the camera display. You can customize the guage reading layout to show from 2 to 8 parameters on the screen at once and you can customize the background look of the screen.It can be mounted in a pod that is made for the pillar, in a pod made to mount on the dash or to a suction cup that mounts directly to the windshield. Where ever you mount it everything is contained in a pretty compact and efficient device.I currently have mine suction cupped to the windshield and tucked up next to the pillar on the driver side of the dash.post-11041-138698195767_thumb.jpg

I use the Edge Insight CTS for guages. It also is a data logger and will operate the Smarty Pod software. The CS model operates with a 2.4" screen and control buttons to the side of it while the CTS is a larger 4.3" touch screen. I like mine unit because it can monitor the operation of a mutltitude of parameters (many more than you could realistically install independant guages to do the same) as well as gives you the capability to set limits and inform you when those limits are being incroached upon. If you use just the Insight without any add on devices then you can read many operational parameters (i.e. boost pressure, mph, CR pressure, trans temp, voltage, mpg etc., but you can add on things like EGT, turbo cool down timers, other pressure and temp monitoring). It has data logging capability so you can fine tune adjustments on your trucks performance and then verify if those changes made any positive or negative improvements. I also use a backup camera and it uses the Insight as the camera display screen, thus eliminating the installation of some other screen device in the truck for the camera display. You can customize the guage reading layout to show from 2 to 8 parameters on the screen at once and you can customize the background look of the screen. It can be mounted in a pod that is made for the pillar, in a pod made to mount on the dash or to a suction cup that mounts directly to the windshield. Where ever you mount it everything is contained in a pretty compact and efficient device. I currently have mine suction cupped to the windshield and tucked up next to the pillar on the driver side of the dash. [ATTACH=CONFIG]4871[/ATTACH]

If there is no rush save a little more coin and get the CTS the you have it :2cents:.

Already ordered the cs. I wanted to get something as soon as posible truck been acting a lil strange and dont know if its from the cold weather or what. It only gets down to about 25 to 35 degs at night and been in the mid 40's during the day

• 5 weeks later...

I also have the CTS monitor. The price scared me away at first. Then after I considered how much individual mechanical gauges would cost and also where to mount them all while trying to keep a neat / factory like appearance I bit the bullet.I also sprung for the Turbo Cool Down Timer and picked up an inexpensive backup camera off Amazon.I have had them all installed on the truck about 8 months and have been pleased with the Edge product so far.