• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So guys I apologize if I already asked this but I looked through my post and can't see that I did. I know where there's a 2001 HO with a 6 spd for sale but it's 2 wheel drive. What is the big difference between the 2 and 4 wheel drive in regards to the 6 spd. I'm having a brain wave of buying the truck and parting it out , selling the engine and rest of the stuff off the truck and keeping the 6 spd for a spare or parts for mine. :think: Not sure how much the engine would be worth, 355 km on it but still running decent form what i'm being told.

I have a question about my NV5600 as well. Over the past few months my tranny has been getting a little harder to shift. It doesnt slide into gear as easily anymore. I figured the stock hydro's were on their way out with 200,000 miles on em. I replaced them with Valair hydros's from DAP. It helped a bit, but it is still catching before it actually slips into gear. I always use the clutch fully when I shift. Would servicing the fluid help my situation at all? I dont have the money to be building a transmission right now and I need to make it last as long as possible. I have the problem in all gears BTW. Thank you in advance:smart:

Try changing the fluid, less that $100 and aint going to hurt. I used Penzoil syncromesh for manual transmission, cheaper then Mopar fluid. Whatever you use, make sure it matches the requirements for the transmission so you dont take a chance of doing damage. Alot of people add a bit extra when doing it, claims it helps lubricate some gears a bit better then just using the called for amount.

• 1 month later...