• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector replace

A question for you guys who have changed injectors. Am about to put 275's in my truck and the shop that is helping me says that we should also replace the transfer tubes to the injectors at the same time. Did you guys do this when you installed new injectors? Thx, FT

Nope .......4 changes and still running my orignal tubes. Same for a lot of guys. Problem is you cant see the condition until they are out - but generally your fine.

The TSB I think they are referring to is 14-01-98. It talks about replacing the injector tubes with a new one that can be re-torgued multiple times without compromising the seal. If your engine has a serial number below 56462592. You will need the new tubes. Seeing you have a 2002 you shouldn't need the revised tubes. Make sure to inspect the tubes when you remove them for burrs or deformation around the inlets and outlets. With my BD's came new o-rings for the tubes not sure if they come with the RV's. If not, they are cheap enough that it would be dumb not to put new ones in. Also a good injector puller makes life easier.

When I changed my injectors on my 01 the transfer tubes were emaclant!! When I did the ones on 02 last summer they were filthy with carbon build up all over. I should have probably changed them but they cleaned up nice. What would cause them to get so dirty?

When I changed my injectors on my 01 the transfer tubes were emaclant!! When I did the ones on 02 last summer they were filthy with carbon build up all over. I should have probably changed them but they cleaned up nice. What would cause them to get so dirty?

How many miles were on them?

• 4 weeks later...