• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector replace

Rv 275 in. Found it way easy to take heater hose and fitting off when removing valve cover. It only leaks a couple ounces of coolant and makes life way smoother post-11816-138698196517_thumb.jpgalso took her for a run and injectors feel good. These five speeds cook!! Thanks everyone. Good site.

All you guys doing bigger Injectors just keep twisting my arm a little further every time I read one of these posts. I will have to get some stix soon.

Definitely a worth while upgrade and easy to do. I have the BD's for 5 years now and still working good. Everytime I complete a project; I think of something else. I think I need to join a support group. DA(Diesel's Anonymous):lol:

Sorry for hijacking the thread.My trouble is not knowing which injectors I would like to go to. So many options, I already want to go bigger on the snail, but hate to lose the mileage. I use my truck, and want to setup a good towing truck, but have a fun truck at the same time. Never going to see the track. But will frequent the butt dyno often. Worst of all, it's all daydreaming till my wife and I sell our current house and buy another.

Hmmm... Rv275's or 50HP injectors are a good size upgrade. Combo'ed with a enhancement box then you got a winning combination for sure because the box can control your smoke and injectors can give you all the pull power you wish.

I agree, anything bigger and EGT's climb too much while towing. When I was shopping for mine. I looked at DDP, BD, RV275's, and Industrial Injection. I was talking to a local diesel shop about it. They recommended any of the first three. I am not putting down Industrial, just they(the shop) had some bad experiences back then with some products. I have bought stuff from Throroughbred Diesel, which is down your neck of the woods. I have called them up and asked questions and if they didn't know the answer they found it and called me back. I am not advertising for them, I am just a satisfied customer.

I purchased my VP from Thoroughbred, had a good experience with them. Seems its hard to beat DAP. I am hoping to make it happen sometime this spring so I still have a while to dig around, find a used set, catch a sale, something. I appreciate the advice though . Seeing that Mike is going right back with another 35 tells me he really likes the setup he has and it works. I could run the sticks until gathering the dough for another snail if I still wanted one.

Smokes a lot with new injectors when under load when Boost from five to ten. Any idea why? I just did a 4500 mile trip and it has tons of power and does good on diesel considering the cold temps in Midwest. I know i probably need to change fuel Filter and water seperator on Fass one Fifty. Fuel pressure is at thirteen but doesn't budge at all. and i should have checked valve lash when doing injectors, but was in a hurry to get on road. I took the pre filter off bhaf to see if it smoked less and didn't help. Still smokes. It doesnt smoke when im up to speed though. Just when im rowing the gears. Truck has 94000 on it now. It's a 01 2500 qclb 4x4 edge comp jwa on 5x5, bhaf, rv 275, 5speed, pillar fuel psi, boost, egt. Hx 35. Four in. Straight pipe.

post-11816-138698196724_thumb.jpg

Smokes a lot with new injectors when under load when Boost from five to ten. Any idea why? I just did a 4500 mile trip and it has tons of power and does good on diesel considering the cold temps in Midwest. I know i probably need to change fuel Filter and water seperator on Fass one Fifty. Fuel pressure is at thirteen but doesn't budge at all. and i should have checked valve lash when doing injectors, but was in a hurry to get on road. I took the pre filter off bhaf to see if it smoked less and didn't help. Still smokes. It doesnt smoke when im up to speed though. Just when im rowing the gears. Truck has 94000 on it now. It's a 01 2500 qclb 4x4 edge comp jwa on 5x5, bhaf, rv 275, 5speed, pillar fuel psi, boost, egt. Hx 35. Four in. Straight pipe.

black smoke when on the throttle ? Is the engine lugging at all - eg are you in OD ? Id try 1) check for boost leaks with a homemade boost leak detector 2) try running it out of OD and rolling into it ....... If your lugging it a little it wont clean up until it starts spooling so that can sound right ..... I can black out an intersection if I dump at wrong time.......

What are you running exactly a Comp or JWA? Anyway with it set on 5x5 it will smoke a considerable amount. Normally on my JWA I run either 1x5 or 2x5. It still smokes some but nothing like the higher settings.

That it will. But you might lose a bit of MPG from it.

Can you explain why that is? How can taking away fuel lower MPGs? I have run on 3x5 and then 3x3 and didn't notice any difference in mileage. I just wanted to be a bit easier on my auto trans. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how these diesel beasts work...lol . I was on the understanding that with the bigger injectors you could lower the second number to stop throwing away extra fuel as black smoke at lower boost levels.

I guess it's just the way I'm driving. I backed off throttle on take off and while shifting and doesn't smoke that bad. I still don't understand what the second number is on edge juice with attitude cts. What does raising and lowering the number do? Also I keep getting an over boost code but boost only goes to twenty seven or so. Other than that this truck is all good.

The second number refers to low boost fooling. I took the description out of the edge manual. I have never had an over boost code with mine. Are your connections done correctly? Edit: I was thinking about it and are you reading of the CTS display or pillar guages? Did you make the necessary map sensor connections for the Edge.

Low Boost Fueling Adjustment

Low boost fueling allows the user to “tune” the power levels relative to

turbo boost pressure. If boost pressure is low, adding extra fuel causes

excessive black smoke out the tail pipe. As the turbo spools up and builds

more boost pressure, more air is forced into the combustion chamber and the

fuel/air charge burns cleaner, resulting in less smoke. If low boost fueling

where set to 1, the

Juice module would not add the full, potential amount of

fuel until boost pressure reached 20 psi. This results in less smoke, and

reduces the responsiveness of the throttle. If low boost fueling where set to

5, the

Juice module disregards boost pressure and adds the calculated

amount of fuel at 0psi. This would smoke more and the throttle would be

more responsive. The chart below shows how boost is used in each low

boost level.

Low boost 1: 0psi to 20psi

Low boost 2: 0psi to 15psi

Low boost 3: 0psi to 10psi

Low boost 4: 0psi to 5psi

Low boost 5: disregards boost psi

• Like 1

A question for you guys who have changed injectors. Am about to put 275's in my truck and the shop that is helping me says that we should also replace the transfer tubes to the injectors at the same time.Did you guys do this when you installed new injectors? Thx,FT