• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Just For The sake of Discussion. EPA, Airlines and 3/4 ton trucks

JAG1

• Staff

There is some discussion in Oregon and other states to place a higher tax on vehicles, 3/4 ton and larger trucks. Are they picking the wrong people? Should EPA and state gov'ts be looking at airlines instead?How many gallons per person is burned to say fly an hour.In the same 6-700 miles it only takes about 33 gallons for two people to get to point B with our trucks.If I'm taking my rv it takes 46 gallons but don't need a hotel when I get there.Anyway look at the sky in the morning between major cities. Contrails everywhere.Do the planes have cats, DFP filters, exhaust gas recirculation or any kind of smog control like our trucks?Just kickin' it around for any thoughts/ answers.

That very thing is happening in Europe with Carbon Taxes, every plane in the sky gets charged a carbon credit tax now so countries like China and others just flat out quit flying to and from Europe already, it was a blip on the news a few months back but got rabbit holed quickly.

Interesting how it got pushed under the table, 'rabbit holed' :) Anyone know how much fuel is burned an hour in the planes? I think it's more than we think.

I think your question is too broad, too many variables there, like comparing a geo metro to a freight train. I think as far as passenger jet liners the most fuel burned is at take off, and is measures in weight versus gallons. Then you look a a small 2 passenger gas powered plane and it is probably comparable to a geo.