• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

10-4 mr mopar I guess the reason i do it is bacause it is bulk oil and i figure since its free my truck never sees dirty oil .Ihave been doing this for 3 yrs now.The other thing is that i got tired of telling them at lithia dodge that they over fill all the time so as soon as i get my truck idrive 1 mile to my house and take abbout 2 to 3 quarts out .Im guessing newer trucks take more oil than my 99. so in ayear ihave about 12 quarts saved for other things like atv- lawnmower-dads chevy:drool:

Running Amsoil throughout as well, except for the tranny. It calls for 50 weight ATF that would be used in an Allison automatic. But the last time I picked up some synthetic lube at FleetPride, their own brand that is more like a gear lube, the guy at the counter said' "every one is using this in their trucks". It shifts just fine in all temps, quieted the gear box down, and it offers more lubricity then the ATF. The only drawback to that Fuller Eaton is you have to buy the fluid in 5 gallon pals, so I can get 2 changes out of it any ways. In the engine, I use the 15w 40.