• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok so Hello everyone.....Yes I am a Newbie. I just bought a 2002 one ton Dodge ram from my company. It has 240k miles on it. Tranny needs some work one of the guys popped a cooler line and drove her dry. I fixed the line and filled her back up and she still rolls down the road just not as strong as she should be. My problem is I know the tank is dirty so the filters get plugged pretty quick which is why she will start to kind of cut out every so often, I try to keep the water drained, but the other day I was rolling home from NC and she chugged a couple of times then she just quit on me. Now this has happened before while the company owned it and I know it was a quick fix at the shop I just dont know what they did. I assumed they put in a new filter and she was back up and running. Ive been out of town a lot and have not had the chance to put a new filter in it and try but I was wondering about priming it when I do?? Thanks fella's. Have a great evening Jeffrey

• Owner

Ok jeffery... first off you might want to fill in your signature will all the information about your truck. This will help other help you with your post...

Then as for your condition... I would first check for error codes and fuel pressure.

These truck have got to have the worst fuel system out there and are known for serious failure right down to the injection pump. The funny part is that a cheap $40 dollar fuel pressure gauge will protect your truck from damage. Just got to keep the fuel pressure above 10 PSI at all times.

But at this point check the fuel pressure and the error codes and report back with your finding...

• 2 weeks later...