• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My friggin' luck.. Both window regulators broke this morning...

Should of kept the 24V... :rolleyes:

There's a lot of things I should've done.. right now, however, I'm trying to find what actually holds the glass in place to whatever attaches it to the regulator. I can get the window to go down by lowering the window switch, then pulling the window downward with a hand on each side of the glass... so whatever connects the two has failed. In looking at what little I can find about it, it seems that the glass sits in a 'c' channel lift plate of sorts, but I don't know what retains the two together..

I believe the window is epoxyed to the channel. If there's significant resistance in the downward motion, the bond may release. Below 32 degrees there can be frozen resistance @ the window gaskets etc. I try to remember to leave my windows cracked open just a bit in cold weather so I can go UP to release the frost or ice etc. if I'm too impatient to wait. I've had the gasket come up with the window too. I just pushed it back in place. I hope I'm correct that you only need to remove the door panel and re-epoxy the channel. You need a mild temperature, (heated garage etc.) clean surface and the best quality epoxy. good luck