• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anybody tie the waste gate shut?

Ok, so I installed the adjustable MBC.. looks like this:

Posted Image

(Boost signal in the bottom, out side port to WGA)

I installed it between the AFC and WGA, since my WG gets boost signal from the AFC's "T" port.

So fully adjusted out (least boost setting) I get like 20-22psi max. Fully adjusted in (max boost) I "may" see 25psi..

WTF lol

Is it a fuel issue, or lack of? It's got a #0 fuel plate and it's slid full-forward, as is the starwheel (I know, that's pre-boost)...

I've got no boost leaks.

With how your pump is set up you should be able to roll quite a bit of coal if you mash on it, if not I would say you have some type of fueling issue somewhere. My truck is set up similar to yours and after I put my boost elbow in I could hit 40psi no problem till I got it adjusted right.Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yep, I agree. My old '96 would roll coal and 40psi was easy.This '97 is definitely not the same animal. It was originally a 5speed, but the ignorant P.O. swapped in an auto.Only time I "roll coal" is if I mash the pedal to the firewall quickly. Even then, it'll "medium coal" for about a second and then it stops smoking. My '96 would roll coal as long as you had it mashed.. It had only exh., bhaf, #10 plate, boost elbow, and 3kGSK.