• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Triple pillar guages

If you have everything you need to do them it won't take as long as it took me. I spent close to 5 hours total but I'm also very anal about not having any wires showing. You will have to drill a hole in factory pillar to run wires through. I did mine even with where the bottom fell that way it was a pretty straight shot. The three gauge harness will make things a lot easy if you got it. For boost gauge hookup don't drill in your manifold or anywhere. There is a plug next to your map sensor head that is a 3/4 pipe thread. Get the reducers and you can hook on there. When you drill for the exhaust probe you will need a 5/16 drill bit and the 1/8 NPT tap. When you do drill and tap dip both the drill bit in grease and the tap. Go slow with the drill bit or you will fling the grease off. And when tapping the hole you will have to clean the tap out several times since the grease will hold the shavings. And for the fuel pressure I order big line kit from Vulcan. It is all simple just time consuming if you do it right. :thumbup2:

Thats what I get for going off memory after working a 14 hour night shift :cookoo: I dont know why but I was thinking bolt taps not npt. Thanks for straightening me out

I wasn't trying to seem like I was attacking you I was just confused as that is what the package said. Kinda worried me at first when you said that lol. I know how you feel with long hours. I work 10 hour days five days a week and half days on Saturday with a hour of drive time each way. I will be so far behind when I go back to work I will prolly have an extra 20 hours on top of all of those hours.

No offense taken Im glad you corrected me. Like I said I was stuck on bolt tap sizes for some reason. I rebuild a lot of pumps at work and run alot of threaded pipe when you do enough of something you start remembering drill sizes and thread pitches/tpi but in my haze this morning I wasnt thinking. So yes by all means If Im spewing some unsensible garble I definitely need corrected :smart:

No offense taken Im glad you corrected me. Like I said I was stuck on bolt tap sizes for some reason. I rebuild a lot of pumps at work and run alot of threaded pipe when you do enough of something you start remembering drill sizes and thread pitches/tpi but in my haze this morning I wasnt thinking. So yes by all means If Im spewing some unsensible garble I definitely need corrected :smart:

True but there is always a nice way to go about it lol