• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mod9

gets stuck going left???

mod9    0
mod9

OK so I'm up in the hills hunting and the high of the day is usually 8*f ..so as I'm driving down the hill and i take a hard left on a switch back.when its time to go straight it doesn't center back up??????i have to stop the truck and turn excessively right then everything is normal.i cant figure out if it is my steering box or has something to do with my four wheel drive.it only happens when I'm in 4 wheels and really cold.any ideas?

gassernomore    12
gassernomore

Sounds like your pump is going out. 4wd wouldn't do anything for steering. IMOP

mod9    0
mod9

the power fluid is in great shape.i change it out every year before i go hunting.im thinkg the pump might be getting worn out and the cold just amplifies what might be coming.is there a way to check the pump?

Mopar1973Man    3,795
Mopar1973Man

Camber or Caster will cause the return normally of the steering... But as for binding up and getting stiff that still points to the gear box more than pump. You never said anything about hard brakes too. So this point back to the gear box again... Remember if the pump is going then steering would be bad all the time with the brakes...