• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Relocation / idle

I installed a big line kit last night. Now i have 3/8 line from original hard fuel line to relocated lift pump (raptor frrp) then 1/2 line to original fuel filter canister, then 1/2 to ip. The pressures look better 17 idle, 15-16 cruising, 12 WOT. Truck ran good this morning for a 30 mile trip. The problem is that the idle is a little rough now. Never like it is going to shut off, more like a hiccup. Did the same thing last night after I started it. I thought maybe some air still in the fuel line???? It did not do this before the relocation install. Any ideas? 2002 ram 2500 5.9 cummins

• Owner

If you got any quick connection fitting you might need to upgrade them to full JIC / Push Locs. The problem is the quick connect fitting don't hold up under suction very well and the o-rings are known to leak. So if you upgrade using the old school JIC fitting you might gain a bit more stability back to your pressure as well. It does seem like a air leak.

• Staff

When I did mine I was told to eliminate the quick connect fittings as well. Vulcan performance sold me the barbed adapters that fit the new Raptor pump.You should install 1/2 inch lines all the way to keep the pressure at least 14 and above for VP cooling. This allows for a little more restriction for a 30 micron filter before the lift pump to protect it from debris. Watch which filter.... not all are designed for the suction side of the pump.

I will try and re-bleed system tomorrow. I did not have the issue any more today. Is it possible that the air worked its way out of the system? There are no quick connect fittings on current setup. Thanks for the replies.

If you have a small air leak some where, bleeding the system will not eliminate it. recheck everything you changed out and be sure they are all tight. some leaks are so small they will let air in but no fuel out. By that I mean you might have a leak that wont show any fuel at said leak, but can let air in the system.

Checked connections and then re-bled system. Same thing. I was extremely low on fuel so I thought it may be sucking a little air from the tank. Went and filled up Sunday and no problems so far. I tend to overlook the simple solutions:banghead::doh: