• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bully Dog WatchDog

• Owner

Personally I suggest dropping the idea of electronic gauges and going back to true mechanical gauges. Because at least then you got a set of guage that don't rely on electricity, senders, or data bus to display informartion. Like my 3 gauge I got now boost, pyrometer, and fuel pressure work even when the truck doesn't. Like my Scangauge II is slow to update and is only as accurate as the senders and ECM. Also ScanGauge II doesn't function if there is no electricity, no data bus functions, etc.

I'm gunna need a lot of gauge holes! Looking to install turbo oil temp, digital outdoor temperature, EGT, boost, I have fuel pressure, transmission temp. That's 6 holes. I have a 3 hole pillar. Anyone happy with an above mirror 3 hole set? I don't have the overhead console. I'd ditch my rear view mirror. I think with a gauge pod up there the mirror would obstruct vision fore. Besides, I'm towing 95% of the time and cannot see through my trailer anyway. :woot:

I am partial to Westach gauges and to cure your issue they also make dual temp and combination gauges in one. http://www.genosgarage.com/WESTACH-Gauges/departments/95/ I work with both manual and electric gauges daily and I would have to disagree with Mike on this issue, mechanical pressure gauges will be a bit faster to register for what we use them for on our rigs but electrical temp gauges are more responsive and more accurate.:2cents: This of course is if you buy quality gauges. Did I mention I like WESTACH.:whistle: Might not be the prettiest but I want the best quality not the prettiest in my rigs. As far as no electricity.......well on anything newer than a 12v you have a dead rig no matter what.