• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Got my levelling kit and air bags on :)

Looks good. I kind of wonder about the life your truck has had. By chance did the truck do a lot of heavy hauling in the past?

No, it hauled drums of chemicals to oilfield sites until it had 380,000kms on it. It never had a 5th wheel hitch until 4 years ago and hauled a horse trailer a few times. Still has the stock balljoints in it and front axle u joints are original too. It only needed the air bags cause once the 2" leveling kit was in a load made the rear sit lower than the front. Otherwise my 1500lb camper made the truck sit level in stock condition. I just wanted it higher, plus it rides nicer on air empty. Before it was rougher until it had weight in it. Now when I haul a load of bales thats 17,000lbs it won't squat at all.

• Staff

Not sure who made the bags, but my firestones only require 5 psi in them at a minimum. The ride will be much better at 5psi empty than 20 psi. When I have 20 psi in my bags and they are empty my kidney's get angry after a few miles. I ran a 2" level for several years and really liked the look, but as we started using the truck with more tongue and bed weight I didn't like how much air they took to keep level when loaded so I dropped to a 1" and while the 2" was sharp looking the 1" is pretty functional for a TT with 1300lbs of tongue weight and firewood/4wheeler in the bed.

I may be temping fate but I have never ran the minimum 5 psi recommended by firestone since I installed the bags 10 years ago and they still hold 90 psi under 1 1/2 - 2 cords of wet firewood. I found that the ride was better empty with no air then with and just left it that way and took my chances.