We have detected that you are blocking our advertisers. We pay our operational bills with advertising and donations. Please add Mopar1973Man.Com to your whitelist of sites on your adblocker. If you register as a member and submit a donation to the website, the advertising amount is reduced the more you donate. 

whitelist.png

This will allow you to keep you adblocker turned on for other sites and allow to display advertising here. Thank you, for understanding and whitelisting Mopar1973Man.Com. This will allow us to continue providing quality Cummins diesel information to everyone for free!

• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
tallboyrichard

power chips

Anyone have input on power chips for the cummins 5.9?

I have input, but first I need to know what you use the truck for. Are you looking for BIG power or just some extra oomph with added MPGs? What has been done to the truck and what do you have planned? Sorry for answering with questions, it just that there is so many options out there and every one of them is the perfect fit for someone and still the wrong one for someone else. Kenny 352-636-0812

Hey Kenny, I've got an '05 2500 Dodge quad cab long bed w/ auto trans. Looking for a little umph ubt most importantly...better fuel mileage. Don't want to punch it out so to speak as to risk damage or have to spend more money on add ons. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Richard.

Hey Kenny, I've got an '05 2500 Dodge quad cab long bed w/ auto trans. Looking for a little umph ubt most importantly...better fuel mileage. Don't want to punch it out so to speak as to risk damage or have to spend more money on add ons. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Richard.

Richard, I always recomend gauges with adding power. Do you want a power adder that has built-in gauges that also has built in safety features, or do think you would rather watch the gauges your self. Also.. -Do you use the truck for towing? How much and how often? -Do you plan on doing and exhaust kit? -Do you plan on doing an air intake? You can give me a call if you want to talk about it over the phone. Thanks, Kenny 352-636-0812

Add gauges before any power mod. Most folks do EGT, boost, and lift pump fuel pressure. With an auto tranny, most do trans temp. I've got the Smarty Revo SO6 and it's the proverbial "cats rear end"!!!!!!

Some say the bully dog power pup is a great product for power and great mileage potential. I have never tried one myself I run the smarty jr and it adds great power but personally the milage gains have been minimal over stock.