• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What do you think?

So a guy here locally is selling an Pullrite superglide. He is asking $650 for it with brackets and rail included. It came off his '04 dodge.

Here is some pics he sent me:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see here, its a 16k hitch. My trailer can rate gross at 16.5k. If I were to get this hitch, would I need to worry about it failing with this hitch? I have a cargo capacity of 3500 or so pounds. I will be full-timing my trailer, but how much does one think they could put in a trailer to make 3500lbs.?

I was thinking the hitch would do and would be okay. It sounds like a great price for the hitch as well. Anyone know if the brackets would work for my dodge?

I dont know any thing about the hitch. What I do know is full timing Is an easy way to find 3500# of stuff to put in it. The wifey is coming with you also right. Nothing personal meant, mine was and is very could a accumulating stuff. Not that I did not contribute also. You just have to be mindful of how much stuff you pack.

• Owner

I'm not a 5th wheel man either but I know that it doesn't take much to add weight to a trailer fast. I typically weight my truck and trailer out once a year to see where I sit with weights. Since most of my camping is dry camping or boondocking I'm typically loaded with water as well add even more weight. (56 gallons worth). http://articles.mopar1973man.com/members-rides/17-mopar1973man/27-2000-jayco-eagle-296-fbs Time to update my weights... :wink:

I dont know any thing about the hitch. What I do know is full timing Is an easy way to find 3500# of stuff to put in it. The wifey is coming with you also right. Nothing personal meant, mine was and is very could a accumulating stuff. Not that I did not contribute also. You just have to be mindful of how much stuff you pack.

Well, I CANNOT add more than 3500. I would be over gross weight of the trailer. As you already know drip, I be pushing the limits. If I move anywhere, I do not want any of the tanks full. All empty for transport.

Seems too light for your needs plus it seems pretty high priced being its used.

Yes, it is used. But even with the used ones, I have not seem them any cheaper than $1000. What I'm trying to figure out is if it has any safety factor built into it. Yes its rated 16k. But what does it really hold? Does that mean I will push it past 16k? Certainly hope not! But just not sure about it all as I have never been in the RV lifestyle.

Yes, it is used. But even with the used ones, I have not seem them any cheaper than $1000. What I'm trying to figure out is if it has any safety factor built into it. Yes its rated 16k. But what does it really hold? Does that mean I will push it past 16k? Certainly hope not! But just not sure about it all as I have never been in the RV lifestyle.

Yes they do have a good safety margin built into them for safety, usually 10-20%. If you can't find them used for less than a thousand you definately need to go with a B&W gooseneck turn over ball with a companion and be done with it, you will have the best of the best. I just missed out on a used B&W Companion locally for 500, sold almost as fast as it was advertised.

Seems too light for your needs plus it seems pretty high priced being its used.

That what I used to think also until I started looking for the automatic sliders like this one is. These things command a premium. A manual slider or no sliders will go for hundreds less than this but the auto sliders aren't given away. Sometimes I see a super steal on one but that's once in a limtime occurrance. I think this is a reasonable price for a 16k unit. Particularly since the frame brackets come with it. Those alone are several hundred dollars to purchase and they don't come with the hitch when purchased. It's to bad that you can't take advantage of those brackets because they won't work on your truck. The frame brackets are particular to the truck model, year etc. HexOrz: The "04 brackets won't fit your 99. If you buy this hitch or any other superglide then you will have to purchase the frame mounting brackets for your truck model and year. I have a new set of brackets for a 2000 Ram that have never been installed, but without doing any research I don't know if they will fit your truck or not. I suspect they will because the bumpers and box on the 99 and 2000 are interchangeable, but I would want to verify that. Anyway I am willing to part with these for a $100 dollars (plus the ride) if you are interested. They were over $300 when I purchased them and they have never been installed.

Yes they do have a good safety margin built into them for safety, usually 10-20%. If you can't find them used for less than a thousand you definately need to go with a B&W gooseneck turn over ball with a companion and be done with it, you will have the best of the best. I just missed out on a used B&W Companion locally for 500, sold almost as fast as it was advertised.

I would go gooseneck if I could. My truck is a shortbed. So doing a goose setup is not possible for me. It disappoints me enough already as I thought this brand spankin' new trailer I got would have been designed well enough to allow for towing with a short bed...

That what I used to think also until I started looking for the automatic sliders like this one is. These things command a premium. A manual slider or no sliders will go for hundreds less than this but the auto sliders aren't given away. Sometimes I see a super steal on one but that's once in a limtime occurrance. I think this is a reasonable price for a 16k unit. Particularly since the frame brackets come with it. Those alone are several hundred dollars to purchase and they don't come with the hitch when purchased. It's to bad that you can't take advantage of those brackets because they won't work on your truck. The frame brackets are particular to the truck model, year etc. HexOrz: The "04 brackets won't fit your 99. If you buy this hitch or any other superglide then you will have to purchase the frame mounting brackets for your truck model and year. I have a new set of brackets for a 2000 Ram that have never been installed, but without doing any research I don't know if they will fit your truck or not. I suspect they will because the bumpers and box on the 99 and 2000 are interchangeable, but I would want to verify that. Anyway I am willing to part with these for a $100 dollars (plus the ride) if you are interested. They were over $300 when I purchased them and they have never been installed.

I've gotta look into a capture plate now, too. I guess I'll try and sell the brackets when I get it or I'll give them away... I would think the brackets should work? The hitch comes with the super rail setup, so I dunno if your brackets are made to accept this?? If it will fit my truck and rails, I would gladly give you the $100 to buy them from you. Whattya mean, ride? As in drive up here? I can always pay shipping, too.

If it will fit my truck and rails, I would gladly give you the $100 to buy them from you. Whattya mean, ride? As in drive up here? I can always pay shipping, too.

The ride means you pay the shipping to get the parts to you. This manual shows you the mounting system you need for your hitch. If you look at page 9 you will see the frame mounting kit that I have. It is for the SuperRail system and this manual shows the frame mount is the same for "95 to '02 trucks. http://www.pullrite.com/pdfs/3346.pdf