• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

False boost reading on ScanGauge

To borrow a phrase from Rossane Rosannadanna, "If its not one thing its another". My scan gauge is reporting 14 psi of boost at idle. The XZT is totally disconnected from MAP sensor. I recently installed heater core and had batteries disconnected for several days. Whats up with this?

• Owner

The XZT is totally disconnected from MAP sensor.

Remove the Quadzilla XZT from the truck and rehook the MAP sensor back to the ECM stock lead. If the value is still off then it might be a bad MAP sensor. If removing the XZT from the truck fixes it then the boost fooler is bad in the XZT.

I recently installed heater core and had batteries disconnected for several days.

Disconnecting the batteries does only one thing. It wipes out the APPS sensor calibration. As for resetting error codes or software it will not do that. To reset the software you only need to turn the key off and back on because the ECM goes through a full reboot process.

Well now, that's within a few tenths of what the scan gauge is reporting. So, because the scan gauge is reporting the same boost value with XZT as it does without XZT, the boost fooler must not be working.

• Owner

My bad... :doh:I've got a old ScanGauge II my software doesn't even report the MAP correctly. But from what Pepsi1971Ocean told me there is a a boost gauge founction that does report true boost numbers in PSI not PSIa. But the MAP would be PSIa and ~14.x PSIa is about right for 0 PSI.

• Like 1

• Staff

My bad... :doh: I've got a old ScanGauge II my software doesn't even report the MAP correctly. But from what Pepsi1971Ocean told me there is a a boost gauge founction that does report true boost numbers in PSI not PSIa. But the MAP would be PSIa and ~14.x PSIa is about right for 0 PSI.

I guess I have the old software too, no boost just MAP.

Ah ha! Michael, that gave me an idea. I went through the menu on the SG and there is an option that lets you choose whether to read MAP or boost. Even though it was on boost, I thought maybe it needed to be reset. I changed it to MAP, backed out of the menu, then changed it back to boost. It now appears to be reading actual boost. I think we all learned on this one!

• Like 1