• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello all, Fron Syracuse, NY

MoparDave68

Hey Y'all, I'm Mick.I drive a '01 2500 QCLB, I love m,y truck a.k.a. "The Black Pearl". I do all my own work, dive in head first and hope for the best most of the time. But I manage to get-r-done! I build, customize and repair fire trucks for a living, also build rustic furniture on the side. I am an EVT certified technician. I love learning more about these awesome engines and am excited to be on board here. Feel free to ask anything lol. :thumbup2:

• Owner

Ask away Mike! What is your proffered Fire Apparatus??

:think: Ohhh... Man... :drool: I would like to be driving a 2000 or newer truck but all we got here is 1960 to 1994 if that... Mostly have older 2 1/2 ton military fire trucks and water tenders. A few structure engines and a few brush trucks. Thinking of that I've got a 1985 International truck body with a Detroit V6 Diesel that has the air compressor on the back I need to find out about the regulator on that beast I'm pretty sure its just running away and over loading the tanks (120-130 PSI) and constant sneezing. Then the same truck has a rear axle oil seal gone. (Standard fix). If you got any information on that compressor I would love to have it. :drool:

I will see what I can find out for ya. We are an exclusive Pierce dealer in the Central New York and Northern Pennsylvania area. Work on everything from your run of the mill Ford Brush Truck all the way up to Aerials, Tillers and Air Port trucks. It's quite an awesome gig, lol.

Thinking of that I've got a 1985 International truck body with a Detroit V6 Diesel that has the air compressor on the back I need to find out about the regulator on that beast I'm pretty sure its just running away and over loading the tanks (120-130 PSI) and constant sneezing. Then the same truck has a rear axle oil seal gone. (Standard fix). If you got any information on that compressor I would love to have it. :drool:

Mike, What is the pop off pressure? Does it "sneeze" as you say at about 120 psi? Also how long does it take for it to pop off and does it it drop a lot in pressure while running? When does it usually pop off, idling, driving down the road, or WOT?

• Owner

Mike, What is the pop off pressure? Does it "sneeze" as you say at about 120 psi? Also how long does it take for it to pop off and does it it drop a lot in pressure while running? When does it usually pop off, idling, driving down the road, or WOT?

Sorry for the lag in response. Sneezes about 120 PSI. Just a quick sneeze and about 40-60 seconds later its sneezing again. Pressure stays up the whole time. Any time the engine is running its constantly sneezing.

• Owner

Sounds like you may have a sticky regulator control, it should build pressure and shut off till it hits it's minimum then start compressing again. Possibly the pressure sensors for max/min air are shot or gummed up.

Where are these located? The compressor is on the rear of the engine and I would have a better view of the compressor from inside the cab. When I get time I'll grab a few pictures of the compressor. :wink: