• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bought a Steering Shaft, Borgeson

Boy this ended up being a PITA. Finally got the original SS out & it's perfectly fine, no play in the joints at all. So my replacement part is a few inches short. So for $270 plus change it's going back

Is there a Different part for 4x4 or manual? I will have to make a phone call in the morning.

So now I'm trying to put the original part back in & can't find any info on how to do it. A friend says to take the 3 bolts out on the column & this should give enough room to make it slide on, But I think I may have F'd up the splines on the bottom gear end.....................:doh::duh::cry:

Seems like I can't fix anything anymore,

Dave:sick:

I wish I could have helped but I have never messed with mine. Sorry about the bad day. I can identify with you.

Hi Dripley, Thanks my friend, I had 3 strikes yesterday, couldn't fix the riding mower, my Benz 300D has me scratchin my head,:shrug: & now my truck is not drivable. Now I need to borrow a vehicle to drive to Louisville, Ky.:pray: Instead of fixin all my crap I should had been practicing for a recording date. Sometimes a little bit of knowledge is a terrible thing as well, or in my case just enough to get dug in too deep! So my wife has no mower cut cut grass with when I'm gone & it's growing fast! (yada yada yada!) Sorry had to vent my frustration, Dave

:lmao2:I can laugh about it now. I called Larry from Borgeson & he told me what to to to get the SS to extend. Got it together this morning.:)Seems tighter too!Sorry wasn,t whining, I was just frustrated,Dave

The silver lining has come out of the cloud. good for you.:thumbup2:

Yep think so Dave, Put about 400 miles on her today & she's working fine. Found some B20 along the way & she's purrin like a kitten. Turned over 198K, what else can I say?:cool:

It's a good day!

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Easy fixes most of the time make the intitial frustration worth it.

Agreed!

• 4 weeks later...