• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

fuel sending unit

My sending unit stuck at full yesterday, again. I took a soft dead blow to the top of the canister this morning, which was in a bit of a tight spot needless to say, and she started registering again. One of these days I need to repair that thing. I'm thinking vulcan's liberty module when I recover from the fuel boss install, as I'm sure when I pull the lines off the top of the tank, they will break (murphy's law). My sending unit is the old style with arced metal inlet/outlet lines. I know there's a repair here for the float, just need to search for it.

• Staff

Probably the only good thing that came out of the in tank pump Dodge did for me was a new fuel basket. Bad thing is it cost $900.:(

Ouch :cry:, we all have some of those mistakes a time or two. My fuel module is a real basket case. What's left of it. The screens are cut out and the draw straw was against the side which partially blocked off the fuel at the bottom of the drawstraw so that part of the plastic is cut out. The worse thing is the plastic ain't shatter proof so I went to cut a tiny piece out of the way, but, it sort of shattered into big pieces:banghead: when trying to snip off a little. That plastic is so very brittle. When my fuel register goes out I'm going to try one for a boat fuel tank from West Marine. My other truck's got a modified 4'' ABS pipe fitting (much thicker/ stronger plastic) as part of the fuel basket. $ All of 4.95 part to fix.

• Owner

The only thing my OEM stock fuel basket does is hold the fuel tank sender. I've replaced mine once already and not hard at all. But like JAG's post that why I never got into the DrawStraw V series because I knew if I had to mess with that basket it would fall apart later in life. So DrawStraw I was installed and zero issues to date.

• Staff

My drawstraw would have been just perfect without problems but somebody had to be the ginea pig for the very first one ever tried :lol:. Eric still did a good job considering mine was the first prototype:tease: