• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Our camping trip was flooded out. Army kicked us out. (USArmy Corps of Engineers, flood control area. Heavy rains, backs up water behind a dam, protecting downstream cities... upstream is a recreation area... weather & water level permitting.) So we were all packed with nowhere to go... so we went on an adventure. A night visiting with In Laws in NH, drove to Rome (NY) to visit my brother, left trailer there. Used wife's car to see the Erie Canal's historic 5 step locks in Lockport, & watch boats locking through the 2 modern locks. Then on to Niagara Falls... I was exhausted (MS) & let wife hike out to get more views. Overnight in a Hotel. Rainy day (originally planned to see Falls) drove back to Rome. Laid over 1 day for more visit. Then departed for home.This Tahoe trailer is like towing a bill board & quite a handful. I ran the NY Thruway fine, even some narrow construction lanes. Had some trouble with the suction of overtaking trailer trucks pulling my rig into their lane... out bound a passing on the right tractor Trailer nearly got me.Then I pulled into the first Service Area on Mass Turnpike. I got into the wrong parking with cars & narrow lanes... when I tried to wiggle out I misjudged & hooked a parked car with the trailer. The Chevy Impala was lower & went under the trailer body until the frame piece in front of the trailer wheels where it crunched. I heard it more than felt it. So while we were waiting for the Mass Troopers, I decided that trying to separate them by moving either vehicle would damage his car more. We had a 30T china jack on board & jacked up the trailer enough for him to back out without making a bad situation worse. The other driver was in the middle of a trip, decided on having it towed & getting a rental. The nice trooper handled it & the other driver who was quite unhappy. Not that I blame him.So I have a ruined vacation. I spent this morning with the insurances & reports.

I can't imagine the driver walked away from that one, hopefully there wasn't an entire family in the truck....Keep your chin up Russ, it happens to the best. Many service stations are not set up for long trucks and trailers, and if your not familiar with the area you just don't know what your getting into until your there. Equipment can be fixed, the good news is nobody was hurt.

• Staff

Mine was more like the corner of the overhang into the side of the trailer. punched a hole in the side. The R-V shop wanted $475 to repair it. A little Bondo with fiberglass, glazing putty, and a rattlecan paint job. The total time less than 1.5 hr, cost less than $25.......